1. Accountability for Personal Information -At Apple Self Storage, we are accountable for all personal information under our control. We are committed to ensuring that the handling of personal information is within the standards of PIPEDA. Our Privacy Officer, who can address any concerns and respond to any inquiries regarding our management of personal information, monitors our compliance with current PIPEDA legislation. The Privacy Officer for Apple Self Storage is Scott Allan, and he can be reached at : Scott Allan - Privacy Officer 16 Industrial Parkway South Aurora, ON L4G 0R4 Phone: 416-818-2373 || Fax: 905-751-1330 || firstname.lastname@example.org - Each and every inquiry or concern received by the Privacy Officer will be responded to within 30 days.
At Apple Self Storage, we are committed to the following:
- To protect personal information.
- To ensure our staff is trained in privacy legislation.
- We will remain accountable to our clients and welcome any challenges or inquiries regarding our management of personal information.
- Maintaining and developing policies and procedures to ensure our practices are compliant under current PIPEDA legislation and its 10 principles.
- We will develop and make available to the public, information to explain our company's policies and procedures.
2. Identifying Purposes for the Collection of Personal Information -The purposes for which personal information is collected will be identified at or before the time of collection. Only the information required in fulfilling these purposes shall be collected. If information previously collected becomes required to fulfill any additional purposes, these purposes will be explained before the information is used. However, we will only do this if the additional purpose is sufficiently different from the purposes for which the information was originally collected.
3. Consent -Knowledge and consent of the individual is required before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information except where required or permitted by law. Where additional purposes arise that require information that has already been provided, consent from the individual will be required before the information is used providing that the additional purpose is deemed to be sufficiently different. Individuals will be offered a variety of ways to provide consent, and consent may be expressed or implied as the situation dictates. Individuals will not be asked to consent to the collection of information that is beyond the scope of the requirements of obtaining services provided by Apple Self Storage. An individual may withdraw consent at any time and will be advised of any contractual or legal restrictions that may result. Personal information will only be collected, used and disclosed by Apple Self Storage employees without consent in accordance with Section 7 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c.5 (PIPEDA) or under other lawful means.
4. Limiting Collection -Information collected by Apple Self Storage will be limited to those details required for fulfilling the identified purposes. Customer information must be collected by fair and lawful means. Information will not be collected needlessly, nor by misleading or deceiving the individual. Our organization will continue to ensure that all employees are kept up to date with policies and procedures governing the management of personal information.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention -Customer information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes identified by Apple Self Storage and for no other purpose, except where consent has been granted or as a requirement of law. Information will be retained only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified by the company. Apple Self Storage's practices and policies require that information no longer required will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous so as to protect the individual.
6. Accuracy of Information -Personal information shall be kept as up-to-date and accurate a form as possible to fulfill the requirements identified by Apple Self Storage. Individuals may request to be informed of any personal information the company is holding, and where discrepancies exist, will be afforded an opportunity to make amendments to the information. The nature of our business requires certain information to be regularly updated in order to avoid a disruption or discontinuation of service; this falls in line with the originally identified purposes and complies with this principle. Any inquiries regarding personal information can be directed to the Company Privacy Officer.
7. Safeguarding Your Information -Apple Self Storage is committed to protecting your personal information with safeguards appropriate to their level of sensitivity. We use a four pronged approach in our security of information that covers the following areas:
- Physical safeguards (locking filing cabinets, alarms, safes, shredders)
- Technical security (surveillance, database password & encryption)
- Organizational safeguards (up to date policies and training)
- Contractual obligations with third parties (ensuring they are providing equivalent or superior protection of information)